Current Internship Opportunities
PART-TIME: This position would assist the accounting team by working to solve issues related to billing, freight documentation collection, claims, disputes, and other related items that occur in the logistics industry. The candidate should be driven, able to multi-task, and comfortable in contacting Polaris’ vendors and customers to achieve solutions.
This job description outlines the objective and job responsibilities of a prospective Transportation and Logistics Intern for Polaris Logistics Group.
OBJECTIVE: The Transportation and Logistics Intern will assist the company in servicing its customers and working with its providers to complete orders. The intern will learn the core offerings of the company and work to assist customers that utilize those core offerings. The intern will also work with the vendors the company hires to provide those services.
REPORTS TO: Branch General Manager
- Become proficient and knowledgeable in the company’s core service offerings: Truckload Freight, LTL Freight, Flatbed Freight, and Intermodal Freight
- Enter customer orders into company’s TMS
- Work with customers on fulfilling their logistics needs
- Work with carriers on covering the orders for the customers
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proactive problem solving and follow-up skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Google Chrome or MS Internet Explorer
- Basic knowledge of the transportation industry
We are always accepting resumes for interns in any of our three offices. Email your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always interested in connecting with new talent!