Careers: Logistics Coordinator
Salt Lake City
Email Resume to email@example.com
About the job
Salary plus commission and bonus: $40,000-$75,000/annually, depending on experience.
1) 45% of the job will involve customer service and operations. This includes:
- Work with existing customers by developing positive working relationships. Call current customers to obtain additional business.
- Provide rate quotes for Polaris’ services (flatbed, LTL, dry van, temperature controlled)
- Enter loads for the customers into Polaris’ main systems.
- Track shipments by confirming loading and unloading of trucks. Update customer(s) on load status. Schedule or reschedule loads based on the customer(s) needs.
2) 45% of the job will involve carrier sales/truck booking. This includes:
- Negotiate and book loads with Polaris’ existing carrier base or with new carriers.
3) 10% of the job will include generating new business. This includes:
- Reaching out via phone and email to potential customers for new business.
4) The position includes answering inbound phone calls.
5) Other duties may be assigned.
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Computer programs
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, computer knowledge working with MS Outlook, Word, Excel
Preferred Education and Experience
Related degree in logistics preferred but not required. Two (2) years of prior logistics experience is helpful.